Hi,

On 05/29/2012 08:46 PM, Jason Miller wrote:
I have an old Intel webcam that shows up as:

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 8086:0431 Intel Corp. Intel Pro Video PC Camera

My hazy memory says that this used to work on linux with the spca_50x driver,
though I think I had to add the vendor/device ID manually to the driver.  Is
there any way to determine which chip is used in the camera so I can try doing
so again?

Looking at the inf file from the windows drivers it is indeed quite likely
an spca50x based chip, what you can try doing (as root) is:

modprobe gspca_spca501
cd /sys/bus/usb/drivers/spca501
echo '0x8086 0x0431' > new_id

And see if it works, if not you can also try the spca500 and
spca508 drivers. Please unplug, rmmod the last tried driver, and then replug
the device between different attempts.