Hi Guennadi,

         I found in soc_camera when video device is opened, default
format is applied sensor. I think this is the right thing to do, be it
also means a lot of i2c transactions.

I think in case of app wants to query drivers capability, it do a
quick "open-query-close", expecting only to get some information
rather than really configuring camera. So maybe this is a point that
can be optimize.

Have you consider postpone it to some point later, how about, say,
before stream_on? At that point we can check if VIDIOC_S_FMT is
called, if yes, we do nothing, if no, we can configure the default
format.

         I simply move some code from soc_camera_open() to
soc_camera_set_fmt(), just a few changes, do you think it OK to make
this adjustment?

         Thanks!
Jiaquan