On Tue June 12 2012 07:42:47 Scott Jiang wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> > I would expect that the combination of v4l2_mbus_framefmt + v4l2_dv_timings
> > gives you the information you need.
>
> About v4l2_mbus_framefmt, you use V4L2_MBUS_FMT_FIXED. I guess you
> can't find any yuv 24 or rgb 16/24bit format in current
> v4l2_mbus_framefmt.

It's more that Cisco didn't need this since we never change the pixelport
configuration after initialization. So this code should be improved.

BTW, I plan to update my http://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/cisco.git repository
today or tomorrow with our latest code that is much closer to being ready for
upstreaming.

> But a bridge driver working with variable sensors
> and decoders can't accept this.

Of course. Patches are welcome :-)

> About  v4l2_dv_timings, do I need to set a default timing similar to
> pick PAL as default standard?

Yes. Ensuring that you always have some default timing makes life a lot
easier all around, both in kernelspace and in userspace.

Otherwise you would have to check whether you actually have a timings setup
all the time.