Mauro,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mche...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Yeah, research is needed ;) As "bttv" is the mother of the I2C code found at
> other PCI drivers, as it is one of the oldest implementations, I bet you'll
> find this field propagated without usage on some drivers (and probably other
> unused fields as well ;) )

I did some research and it looks like this patch series should be broke in two:
- cleanup i2c_rc and i2c unused stuff
- struct i2c_algo_bit_data cleanup (already sent)

Unless there is some problem with the latter, could you pick this patches:
(i.e, the whole series except the i2c_rc part)
 cx25821: Replace struct memcpy with struct assignment
 cx25821: Remove useless struct i2c_algo_bit_data usage
 cx231xx: Replace struct memcpy with struct assignment
 cx231xx: Remove useless struct i2c_algo_bit_data usage
 cx23885: Replace struct memcpy with struct assignment
 cx23885: Remove useless struct i2c_algo_bit_data
 saa7164: Replace struct memcpy with struct assignment
 saa7164: Remove useless struct i2c_algo_bit_data

 I'll fix a new patch series for i2c_rc cleaning.

Hope this is not too much trouble for you.
Thanks,
Ezequiel.