Hi Robert,

I've added linux-media on Cc since someone might find your
question on interest.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Robert Walter <rolin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder if you could point me in the right direction? I bought an easy-cap
> video capture device but it doesn't look like anything I've seen before.
> The USB ID is 1b71:3002 and lsusb -v tells me the USB bridge is made by
> Fuchsia and the device name is usbtv007. I would like to know if this device
> is supported in Linux and if not, what is the preferred way to get a device
> supported.

There is currently no driver supporting 0x1b71 vendor id.

It seems Chinese manufacturers like to make usb capture devices
and use the name Easycap for every one of them :-)

However, since usb bridge chip is different,
a completely new driver should be written;
and unless you can get a datasheet the
only way I know to (blindly) write such driver
is with a lot of reverse engineering.

Good luck,
Ezequiel.