On 2012-07-13 04:24, Gary Thomas wrote:
On 2012-07-12 20:30, Sergio Aguirre wrote:
Hi Gary,

On 2012-07-10 11:05, Chris Lalancette wrote:

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Gary Thomas <g...@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

I'm looking for video support on OMAP4 platforms.  I've found the
PandaBoard camera project
(http://www.omappedia.org/wiki/PandaBoard_Camera_Support)
and this is starting to work.  That said, I'm having some
issues with setting up the pipeline, etc.

Can this list help out?

I'm not sure exactly what kind of cameras you want to get working, but
if you are looking to get CSI2 cameras going through the ISS, Sergio
Aguirre has been working on support.  He also works on the media-ctl
tool, which is used for configuring the media framework pipeline.  The
latest versions that I am aware of are here:

git://gitorious.org/omap4-v4l2-camera/omap4-v4l2-camera.git

Yes, this is the tree I've been working with (pointed to by the page I
mentioned).

My kernel can see the camera OV5650 and set up the pipeline.  I am able to
grab
the raw SGRBG10 data but I'd like to get the ISS to convert this to a more
usable
UYVY format.  Here's what I tried:
   media-ctl -r
   media-ctl -l '"OMAP4 ISS CSI2a":1 -> "OMAP4 ISS ISP IPIPEIF":0 [1]'
   media-ctl -l '"OMAP4 ISS ISP IPIPEIF":1 -> "OMAP4 ISS ISP IPIPEIF
output":0 [1]'
   media-ctl -f '"ov5650 3-0036":0 [SGRBG10 2592x1944]'
   media-ctl -f '"OMAP4 ISS CSI2a":0 [SGRBG10 2592x1944]'
   media-ctl -f '"OMAP4 ISS ISP IPIPEIF":0 [SGRBG10 2592x1944]','"OMAP4 ISS
ISP IPIPEIF":1 [UYVY 2592x1944]'

Sadly, I can't get the IPIPEIF element to take SGRGB10 in and put UYVY out
(my reading
of the manual implies that this _should_ be possible).  I always see this
pipeline setup:
- entity 5: OMAP4 ISS ISP IPIPEIF (3 pads, 4 links)
             type V4L2 subdev subtype Unknown
             device node name /dev/v4l-subdev2
         pad0: Input [SGRBG10 2592x1944]
                 <- 'OMAP4 ISS CSI2a':pad1 [ACTIVE]
                 <- 'OMAP4 ISS CSI2b':pad1 []
         pad1: Output [SGRBG10 2592x1944]
                 -> 'OMAP4 ISS ISP IPIPEIF output':pad0 [ACTIVE]
         pad2: Output [SGRBG10 2592x1944]
                 -> 'OMAP4 ISS ISP resizer':pad0 []

Am I missing something?  How can I make this conversion in the ISS?

The core problem is that, i haven't published any support for
RAW10->YUV conversion,
which is part of the IPIPE module (not the IPIPEIF, like you mention). I had
some patches, but sadly it is unfinished work. :/

Now, there's a main non-technical problem... I no longer work at TI
since end of June
this year, and I don't have the right HW setup available anymore.
Those sensors were
company's asset, and I couldn't keep any.

Now, we can make this work with cooperation of someone who has the right setup,
and me sharing my patches and some advice on my experience.

What do you think?

Note: if this is not the appropriate place to ask these questions, please
redirect me (hopefully to a useful list :-)

As I'm the main person who has been actively developing this, I'm your
guy to ask questions :).

By the way, this development has been my initiative the whole time,
and not an official
TI objective, so, to be honest, asking TI for official support won't
help much right now.

Tell me how I can help make this happen.  I'll be glad to apply patches,
figure out bugs, etc, I just need a little help with getting started.
I have access to the hardware and it's really important that I make some
progress on this soon.

Can you share your RAW10->YUV patches and some guidance on how to proceed?

I have been able to capture RAW10 data, but often the whole thing just sits
there (hangs).  Restarting the process sometimes works, sometimes not.  Looking
at the registers and the actual signals on a scope do not show any difference
that we can find.  Any ideas what might cause this?  Have you seen it as well?

Thanks for the help - Please let me know how I can get this working...

One more question - what's the best branch to work from in your tree?
I'm currently using devel-ISPSUPPORT