Hi Hans,
 Thanks for the reply and I was going through the HDMI1.4 spec again.
The 'active space' is part of the Vactive and Vactive is sum of active
video and active space.

> No, as I understand it active_space is just part of the active video. So the
> timings struct is fine, it's just that the height parameter for e.g. 720p in
> frame pack format is 2*720 + vfrontporch + vsync + vbackporch. That's the
> height
> of the frame that will have to be DMAed from/to the receiver/transmitter.

In this case (assuming frame packed) the total height should be 2*720
+ 30 +  vfrontporch + vsync + vbackporch.

Sorry, but if I am understanding you correct, in case of 3D frame
packed format, the height field can be 'active video + active space'.
So the application need to treat the buffers appropriately according
to the 3D format detected. Would this be a good solution?

> I think the only thing that needs to be done is that the appropriate timings
> are
> added to linux/v4l2-dv-timings.h.

Yes , the standard 3 D timings need to be added to this file which can
be taken up.

> Regards,
>
>         Hans

Best Regards