On 08/01/2012 09:35 AM, Sungchun Kang wrote:
> I'm sorry to be so late.
> Basically, I wonder important one thing.
> What would you implement a device driver connected with gscaler.
> For example, fimc-lite, mipi-csis.
> As you know Exynos5 has local-path with gscaler
> MIPI-CSIS => Fimc-lite => Gscaler
> And, you should use media control framework.
> So, We made exynos folder, and implement drivers with mc.
> We use mdev that is virtual device driver for connecting gscaler, fimc-lite,
> mipi-csis with MC.
> This is camera path.
> There are not only camera path but also rendering path.
> Gscaler => FIMD or TV
> Rendering path use mdev-0,
> Camera path use mdev-1.
> In conclusion, because we use to connect each other devices with MC, we made
> exynos folder.
>
> And how you make to implement devices with MC?

As you may know, these patches only add mem-to-mem functionality,
which can be used together with the Exynos multi-format video codec.

Remaining features, as you listed, are planned to be added later,
in subsequent steps, after discussing it here on the mailing list.

I think it's much better approach, than coming up with a complete huge
driver with many API compliance issues. Especially that some drivers,
like MIPI-CSIS or FIMC-LITE are already in the mainline kernel.

As for the driver directory name, IMHO drivers/media/exynos is too
generic, s5p-fimc, s5p-jpeg, s5p-tv also cover some Exynos SoCs.

I don't think having drivers/media/exynos directory would be helpful
in anything.

Regards,
Sylwester