On 08/02/2012 10:41 PM, bjloc...@lockie.ca wrote:

Heck, even for the 1250 there are eight or ten different versions, so
most users wouldn't even know the right one to choose.

Do you mean boards that use different chips?
I hate it when manufacturers do that (ie. with routers).

That happens quite often. Few weeks back someone sends mail saying he has got new version of Terratec Cinergy T Stick Dual RC. Old version uses Afatech AF9015 chips whilst new revision is ITE Technologies IT9135 and USB ID is same. Those are quite different chips and having different drivers. In such cases it could be quite challenging to get it working as both drivers are thinking it is for me according to USB ID.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/