Hi list,

Not so long ago I used a special version of v4l-dvb.git (v3,2 + a patch) on
my system together with a debian stock kernel. It worked. Now I update my
system and thus the kernel and what I did last time doesn't seem to work any
longer:

1) checkout v3.2 of v4l-dvb.git and apply my path
2) get .config, .kernelvariables and Module.symvers from linux-
headers-3.2.0-3-amd64 (which corresponds to my running kernel)
3) make oldconfig modules_prepare  in v4l-dvb.git
4) make M=drivers/media
5) install all the .ko into /lib/modules
6) depmod -a
7) reboot

Now I have the following symptoms:
a) for the 3 PCI-cards I have the b2c2-flexcop-pci charged automatically but
it fails to initialize the devices and bails out with -22
b) the USB-device is not triggering the loading of its driver and upon a
modprobe it doesn't get claimed.

Something is wrong, but I don't know what.

Could it be the symbol versions?

Thanks for any hints.

--
Patrick.