Guys I'm adding v4l2 output device support for VLC/ffmpeg/libav (I'm using
v4l2loopback [1] driver for testing) but I have a problem which I can't seem
to find a solution.

VLC [2] uses VIDIOC_CROPCAP [3] to detect the pixelaspect ratio of the input
it receives from v4l2 device. But I can't seem to find a way to set struct
v4l2_cropcap.pixelaspect when I'm outputting data to the device and the
result is that VLC assumes pixelaspect is 1:1.

I was hoping that VIDIOC_S_CROP [4] would allow setting pixelaspect but
according to docs that is not case. What am I missing?

How to set pixelaspect values returned by VIDIOC_CROPCAP?

[1]: https://github.com/umlaeute/v4l2loopback
[2]:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob;f=modules/access/v4l2/demux.c;hb=HEAD#l248
[3]: http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/vidioc-cropcap.html