Hi Torgeir,

On Sunday 14 October 2012 00:25:26 Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> When background EIT scanning is enabled on my VDR setup, I am getting
> signal disruption about every 20-21 seconds, with my sony playtv USB dual
> DVB-T tuner.

In the VDR-ML-thread you said that you have 2 of those devices?

I could get my hands on the information which is date 3-4 years ago when the
device was designed and in fact the problem you're describing existed at
that time. It was fixed by hardware and normally should not appear in end-
user's products. However as I understand the fix can easily fail if the
production-site a) does not  know that this problem exists and thus does not
test it or b) doesn't care. Rumors say, that the prod-site has been
transferred from France to China. If that is true or if your device is
simply a runner or anything else is not clear as of now.

When did you purchase this device? If it was recently, there is a fair
chance that exchanging it will result in a working device.

> This seems to be caused by the second tuner retuning in the
> background. I've heard that the nova-t 500 cards can have issues with
> disruption when the second tuner on a card is tuning. Is this the same
> type of problem?

Most likely. No complete software-fix available.

regards,
--
Patrick

Kernel Labs Inc.