Hello all,

Well, i accidentally bought usb radio device Masterkit MA901 and wrote
driver for it (looks like V4L doesn't have support for this device).

It is selled, for example, on this web site (Russian language, sorry):
http://www.masterkit.ru/main/set.php?code_id=607729

I googled to find if it's possible to buy it in other countries and
looks like it's selled only in Russia and Ukraine. I don't know if they
can make international delivery. It costs 20-30$.
It's strange that manufacturer didn't place it in nice plastic box, but
package with device, instruction, audio cable, remote control is okay.

Usb radio is based on Atmel tiny85 (general controller for usb
communication here i think) and radio itself on KT0830EG (i found pdf
document with description of commands on internet).

Well, this is first version and not so many big things are present in
driver. I implemented only frequency, volume and stereo/mono settings,
enough for first working version. So let me share the code with you.

Many things to do (when i found next few nights to look deeper in
device):
- bass level settings,
- hw freq seeking,
- receiving signal levels,
- receiveing freq, volume levels from device,
- probably mute control emulation,
- check how to deal with simultaneous tuning using remote control and
PC,
- suspend/resume,
- code cleanup.

I used usbmonitor+debugfs+VirtualBox to catch usb messages to device and
tried to understand them. For this moment driver compiles ok with
gcc-4.6 and gcc-4.7. I tested it on kernel 3.5.7 on x86_64 and on linux
kernel 3.6.2 on ARM platform (odroid-x). Looks fine.

Here we have two patches:
[patch review 01/02]  add driver for Masterkit MA901 usb radio
[patch review 02/02]  usb hid quirks for Masterkit MA901 usb radio

I used a lot of code from radio-mr800.c and radio-keene.c. Also may be
the second patch should go through Jiri Kosina tree, i'm not sure how
procedures work for such cases. Previous time Mauro sent patch with
usb-quirks to Jiri.

Best regards,
Alexey Klimov.