On 11/19/2012 05:48 PM, Ondrej Topolsky wrote:
Dear linuxtv developer-s

I am trying (it is now couple of days - of no avail) to create interface
with dvbnet utility for decoding IP with MPE (tested with DVB-H signal
containing IP packets). I run:
dvbnet -a 0 -p 1002
gives me this output:
Error: couldn't open device 0: 2 No such file or directory

Device needs firmware but it is missing?

Try tzap or some other tool. Check from the system log if there is any errors.

But the char device /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0 is definitely there (in it's
default location).
For some reason dvbnet_open function in dvb-apps/lib/libdvbapi/dvbnet.c
cannot open this device
I have search mailing(and intenet) list but I haven't found any issue
similar to this.

Specs:

I have embedded linux set-top Skytec JOBI box which has sh4 architecture
and 2.6.32.28_stm24_0207 kernel. It is this device:
http://www.satmultimedia.tv/skytec-hd-jobi
as Os i have installed enigma2 linux.

I thought that maybe there isn't kernel support for MPE, but why should
there be net0 device which was created by driver..

My attempts:

After no success with debian  .deb packege of dvb-apps for sh4
(installed with ipkg ),
I cross-compiled dvb-apps staticaly(from mercurial repository).
Eeverything works: szap, scan.. dvbsnoop. I can tune to signal, zap
channels, sniff traffic with dvbtraffic, but dvbnet is giving me that
"no such file.." error.

I have other machine which is running debian and is receiving same
signal as is STB and I successfuly received IP from MPE (tested with
tcpdump) on that other machine with no problem.

I noticed that in /sys/class/dvb/ there is no dvb0.net0 folder (but i am
not exactly sure what is /sys/class/dvb folder used for).

Another wierd thing is that when I run dvbnet -h it segfaults and when I
run /usr/bin/dvbnet -h it works (its definitely the same binary - with
my debug messages).

Questions:
Can You please tell me why dvbnet cannot open this net0 device - or what
should I do to find out?
Maybe it is used by some process, but i killed TV interface enigma2
before trying anything(init 3, init 4 - it is not longer displayed in ps).
And can You please tell me how to detect if my kernel/driver has MPE
support (there is no /proc/kallsyms file on STB) - maybe some C code.
Finaly I was trying to find some info about MPE but there seem to be
very little on internet.
I would be grateful for any informations or links..

All the best

Ondrej Topolsky
Programmer at Maindata inc. Slovakia

Antti