Am 08.12.2012 17:51, schrieb Matthew Gyurgyik:
> On 12/08/2012 10:20 AM, Frank Schäfer wrote:
>> Am 08.12.2012 15:10, schrieb Matthew Gyurgyik:
>>
>> Ok, thanks. So the USB log was right and the bridge setup should be
>> complete, except that the remote control doesn't work yet...
>>
>> Could you please test the patch in the attachment ?
>> Changes from V3:
>> - use the correct demodulator configuration
>> - changed the remote control map to RC_MAP_KWORLD_315U (same as DIGIVOX
>> III but without NEC extended address byte)
>> - switched from the KWorld std_map for the tuner to a custom one. For
>> QAM, I selected the values from the log and for atsc I took the standard
>> values from the tda18271 driver.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Frank
>>

> I tested the patch and this is what I found
>
> The remote still doesn't work, would it be helpful to do a usb snoop
> while using the remote in windows (not sure I can make the win7 driver
> work in xp)?

That shouldn't be necessary. I just noticed that there is a module
parameter 'ir_debug'. ;)
With ir_debug enabled, you should see messages

        em28xx_ir_handle_key: toggle: XX, count: XX, key XXYYZZ

everytime you press a button. Once we know the key codes, we can set up
a key map (if it doesn't exist yet).

> http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/patch4/evtest.txt
>
> A channel scan still fails with the following error:
> > start_filter:1752: ERROR: ioctl DMX_SET_FILTER failed: 71 Protocol
> error
>
> However there are no messages in dmesg that indicate any errors /
> warnings.
> http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/patch4/scan.txt
>
> When using mplayer dvb://
>
> It seems that switching channels work a bit better, I can switch more
> channels before I get errors and mplayer closes.
>
> http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/patch4/mplayer.txt
>
> Dmesg: http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/patch4/dmesg.txt

Ok. Hopefully the tuner experts have some ideas... Antti, Devin ?

Regards,
Frank