On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mche...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Em Tue, 1 Jan 2013 22:18:49 +0530
> Manu Abraham <abraham.m...@gmail.com> escreveu:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
>> <mche...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> > [RFCv4] dvb: Add DVBv5 properties for quality parameters
>> >
>> > The DVBv3 quality parameters are limited on several ways:
>> >         - Doesn't provide any way to indicate the used measure;
>> >         - Userspace need to guess how to calculate the measure;
>> >         - Only a limited set of stats are supported;
>> >         - Doesn't provide QoS measure for the OFDM TPS/TMCC
>> >           carriers, used to detect the network parameters for
>> >           DVB-T/ISDB-T;
>> >         - Can't be called in a way to require them to be filled
>> >           all at once (atomic reads from the hardware), with may
>> >           cause troubles on interpreting them on userspace;
>> >         - On some OFDM delivery systems, the carriers can be
>> >           independently modulated, having different properties.
>> >           Currently, there's no way to report per-layer stats;
>>
>> per layer stats is a mythical bird, nothing of that sort does exist.
>
> Had you ever read or tried to get stats from an ISDB-T demod? If you
> had, you would see that it only provides per-layer stats. Btw, this is
> a requirement to follow the ARIB and ABNT ISDB specs.

I understand you keep writing junk for ages, but nevertheless:

Do you have any idea what's a BBHEADER (DVB-S2) or
PLHEADER (DVB-T2) ? The headers do indicate what MODCOD
(aka Modulation/Coding Standard follows, whatever mode ACM,
VCM or CCM) follows. These MODCOD foolows a TDM approach
with a hierarchial modulation principle. This is exactly what ISDB
does too.

And for your info:

" The TMCC control information is
common to all TMCC carriers and