Em Sun, 3 Mar 2013 13:40:51 -0300
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mche...@redhat.com> escreveu:

> Em Sun, 03 Mar 2013 11:50:25 -0300
> Alfredo Jesús Delaiti <alfredodela...@netscape.net> escreveu:
>

> > The new data replacement in mb86a20s
> >
> > /*
> >   * Initialization sequence: Use whatevere default values that PV SBTVD
> >   * does on its initialisation, obtained via USB snoop
> >   */
> > static struct regdata mb86a20s_init[] = {
>
> Please test first my mb86a20s patchset. If it doesn't work, we'll need
> to dig into the differences.
>
> The better is to group these and reorder them to look like what's there
> at the driver, and send it like a diff. That would make a way easier to
> see what's different there.
>
> Anyway, it follows my comments about a few things that came into my eyes.
>
> >      { 0x09, 0x3a },
>
> No idea what's here, but it seems a worth trial to change it.

It controls inversion. I just pushed a patch that will let it handle
both normal and inverted spectrum. The DVB core will automatically
switch inversion during device tuning.

> >      { 0x28, 0x2a },
> >      { 0x29, 0x00 },
> >      { 0x2a, 0xfd },
> >      { 0x2b, 0xc8 },
>
> Hmm... the above may explain why it is not working. This is calculated
> from the XTAL frequency, and IF (if different than 4MHz).
>
> Just changing it could fix the issue.

I also added a patch that allows using a different XTAL frequency.

You can use the calculus there to convert from 0x00fdc8 into the XTAL
frequency, if you have the IF set by xc5000.

Regards,
Mauro