On 04/16/2013 08:26 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Em 16-04-2013 11:36, Antti Palosaari escreveu:
On 04/16/2013 11:09 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Hi Antti,

See my comments below. As I already commented, IMO, we should add SDR
as an extension to V4L2 API. We have enough headaches by having two
different APIs that already overlaps on some places, to add yet another
one.

So, I'll add a few comments below with regards to that.

I tried to study and list all requirements, without a even knowing
very well what is
possible using V4L2 API, as you has gone now totally to the
implementation side.
 Surely most those implementations you mentioned are best to implement
as you said.

I tried to both comment the requirements and discuss about implementation.

Could you study and list requirements from the issues you mentioned?

IMO, in order to study, we need to implement it first and start testing.
Maybe keeping the experimental driver for one or two kernel cycles on a
separate topic branch, before merging upstream.

Anyway, the better is to get feedback from Amateur Radio people, as they
have a way more experience with that than us outside the TV band.
The better would be to get input from the ones that are authorized to
operate at the full HAM radio range, as they have experienced the
usage of the several types of modulation and operate at the long distance
ranges.

I know a few ones. I'll try to contact them, in order to get their
feedback.

Here is the one =) I have had license maybe ~15 years, first ~5 years technician class and after CW was removed from requirements license upgrades to unlimited. By a change I just returned to home from our uni. HAM club! I have to say I am not very experienced working with radio bands as I rarely do it nowadays. It is more radio technology which inspires, like modding old Nokia/Mobira mobile phones to HAM band.

Em Thu, 11 Apr 2013 17:56:58 +0300