Hi Scott,

On 04/24/2013 11:26 AM, Scott Jiang wrote:

+       struct v4l2_device v4l2_dev;
+       /* v4l2 control handler */
+       struct v4l2_ctrl_handler ctrl_handler;

This handler seems to be unused, I couldn't find any code adding controls
to it. Any initialization of this handler is a dead code now. You probably
want to move that bits to a patch actually adding any controls.

This host driver doesn't support any control but without it subdev
controls can't be accessed.
v4l2_ctrl_add_handler should just return 0 if v4l2_dev->ctrl_handler is NULL.

You're right, I missed the point that a video device could expose just controls inherited from subdevs. And for that its control handler need to be initialized.
So I didn't help you too much with that comment, please just ignore it.

Regards,
Sylwester