On 27.04.2013 14:14, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
Hi,

my stb0899 card works properly on dvb-s and dvb-s2 transponders when using a
direct port on my sat multiswitch.

When using a SCR port on that multiswitch and changing VDR's config files
accordingly, it only locks on dvb-s transponders.

A SCR converts the selected transponder's frequency after the LNB (IF1) to a
fixed frequency (for example 1076 MHz) by mixing the signal with a local
oscialator frequency above IF1 so that the lower sideband of the mixing product
appears at 1076 MHz.

The lower sideband's spectrum is mirrored compared to the upper sideband, which
is identical to the original spectrum on the original IF1.

Could that be the reason why the stb0899 cannot lock on dvb-s2 transponders in
an SCR environment?

Any ideas on how to get a lock on dvb-s2 transponders?

Just wanted to let you know that I can confirm the problem with
the stb0899. On my TT S2-6400 I can receive DVB-S and DVB-S2 just
fine with SCR. During development of SCR support for VDR I guess
I did all tests with the 6400, so I didn't come across this problem.
However, as a reaction to your posting I explicitly tested it with
my budget cards, and there I indeed can only tune to DVB-S transponders.

No idea how to solve this, though...

Klaus