Hello again Marek

In my system I am doing the scatter gather compaction on device
driver... But I agree that it would be better done on the vb2 layer.

For the oversize sglist we could do one of this two things.

If we want to have a simple pass processing we have to allocate an
structure A for the worts case, work on that structure. then allocate
a structure B for the exact size that we need, memcpy A to B, and
free(A).

Otherwise we need two passes. One to allocate the pages, and another
one to allocate the pages and find out the amount of sg, and another
to greate the sg structure.

What do you prefer?

Regards!

--