I agree, but at least we have video, we can at least use a composite webcam , or
a camcorder / vcr  ...

my self, i used video capture cards this way since the 90's , a lot faster than
USB webcams ...

For the 9013, do you think it's a matter of porting the existing USB code to
PCIe/I2C ?

I see a driver with 9015 that includes it,

(As I said, here we have af9013 as one stanalone CHIP ...)

If you know of a good reading, i'll be more than glad to go thru it , I paused
this project
because I dont want to play Maze ( :) ) in the sources, I do program, even in
assembly,

but didnt read alot about dvb/v4l api architecture ...

I CC the mailing list , if anybody else can orient me also .... :)

Regards