On 25.09.2013 07:50, Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
On 17.08.2013 13:30, Ulf wrote:
Hi,

I know the topic Hauppauge HVR-900 HD and HVR 930C-HD with si2165
demodulator was already discussed
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/40982
and
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/46266.

Just for me as a confirmation nobody plans to work on a driver for
si2165.
Is there any chance how to push the development?

Ulf
Hi!

I also bought one of these to find out it is not supported.
But my plan is to try to write a driver for this.
I want to get DVB-C working, but I also have DVB-T and analog reception
available.

My current status is I got it working in windows in qemu and did a usb
snoop.
I also have a second system to test it in windows vista directly on the
hardware.

Current status is documented here.
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-930C-HD

Until now I only have a component list summarized from this list.

  * Conexant <http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Conexant> CX231xx
    <http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Conexant_CX2310x>
  * Silicon Labs

<http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php?title=Silicon_Labs&action=edit&redlink=1>

    si2165 <http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Silicon_Labs_si2165>
    (Multi-Standard DVB-T and DVB-C Demodulator)
  * NXP TDA18271
    <http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/NXP/Philips_TDA182xx>
    (silicon tuner IC, most likely i2c-addr: 0x60)
  * eeprom (windows driver reads 1kb, i2c-addr: 0x50)

Is this correct?
Did anyone open his device and can show pictures?

I now need to know which component is at which i2c address.
Windows driver does upload file hcw10mlD.rom of 16kb to device 0x44.

I have opened it. There was similar sandwich PCB than used by rev1 too. So you cannot see all the chip unless you use metal saw to separate PCBs.

PCB side A:
TDA18271HDC2
16.000 MHz

Si2165-GM