Antti Palosaari <cr...@iki.fi> wrote:

> > demod_write(33, [00])                               YES
>
> That is config option already. Did you set value? If yes, then there is driver
> bug. If not, then add value.

But you don't give me the option of _not_ setting it.  The dvbsky driver sets
it to 0x35 in its init_tab[] - as does yours - and then leaves it alone.

> >                     demod_write(76, [38])   YES
>
> on init table

Whilst that may be so, something clears it between one call to
m88ds3103_set_frontend() and the next, so you probably need to unconditionally
reload the program init table.

> So hard code those bugs, if you already didn't, 0x33=0x99, 0x56=0x00,
> 0xfd=0x46 and make test. Do that same to find out all buggy registers until it
> performs as it should.

I've made my version of your driver now set up the demod regs as per the
dvbsky driver for:

        S 11919000 V 27500000 3/4

but:

        ./scan-s2/scan-s2 -a1 ./e.1 >/tmp/s -O S9.0E -D S2

still doesn't work for your driver, despite two goes at tuning.  I guess I
need to check the tuner writes too.

David