Hi there,

I am trying to also add support for for using SI2165 driver on HVR4400
and HVR5500 cards.

The pci subdevice id of the HVR5500 (0x0070:0xc138) is assigned to
HVR4400 in cx23885-cards.c.
Is that just because the DVB-S2 part is identical, to not add redundant
code? In this case I could just modify it to a new HVR5500 enum value.

How is a second demod wired to cx23885 in this case? Is this done via
another port, so portb for DVB-S/S2 and portc for DVB-C/T?

On HVR5500, there is a device at i2c addr 0x60, this could either be a
tuner (NXP 18271C2?) or the demod SI2165.

Or is there a need to change gpio values to get the demod out of the reset?

Does the HVR4400 contain a SI2161 demod? I cannot read the name on the
pictures, but it looks very similar the SI2165.

Regards
Matthias