Hi Hans,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 01:45:59PM +0100, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> From: Hans Verkuil <hans.verk...@cisco.com>
>
> This patch implements initial support for complex types.
>
> For the most part the changes are fairly obvious (basic support for is_ptr
> types, the type_is_int function is replaced by a is_int bitfield, and
> v4l2_query_ext_ctrl is added), but one change needs more explanation:
>
> The v4l2_ctrl struct adds a 'new' field and a 'stores' array at the end
> of the struct. This is in preparation for future patches where each control
> can have multiple configuration stores. The idea is that stores[0] is the
> current
> control value, stores[1] etc. are the control values for each configuration
> store
> and the 'new' value can be accessed through 'stores[-1]', i.e. the 'new'
> field.
> However, for now only stores[-1] and stores[0] is used.

Could we use zero or positive indices only, e.g. the new being zero and
current 1, or the other way? Or make the "new" value special, i.e. using a
different field name.

I think accessing the previous struct member by index -1 looks a little bit
hackish.

> These new fields use the v4l2_ctrl_ptr union, which is a pointer to a control
> value.
>
> Note that these two new fields are not yet actually used.

Should they be then added yet in the first place? :-)

--
Kind regards,

Sakari Ailus
e-mail: sakari.ai...@iki.fi     XMPP: sai...@retiisi.org.uk