On 10.02.2014 12:06, Gianluca Gennari wrote:
Hi Hans,

First of all, would this work for a rtl2838 as well or is this really 2832u
specific? I've got a 2838...  If it is 2832u specific, then do you know which
product has it? It would be useful for me to have a usb stick with which I can
test SDR.

regarding this question, 2838 is just another USB Id for rtl2832u
devices based on reference design. I have one with rtl2832u + e4000
tuner, so probably your stick is fine for SDR.

Realtek makes several different demodulators with similar codenames:
- 2830/2832 DVB-T
- 2836 DTMB
- 2840 DVB-C

see here for more info:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=7&PFid=22&Level=3&Conn=2

Yeah, demod chips are just like that. Then these are integrated like that:
RT2831U = USB-interface + RTL2830 DVB-T demod
RT2832U = USB-interface + RTL2832 DVB-T demod
RT2832P = USB-interface + RTL2832 DVB-T demod + TS interface

USB-interface used is pretty same for all these, thus it is split to own driver named dvb_usb_rtl28xxu.

SDR functionality is property of RTL2832 demodulator, but I decided to split it to own driver too.

Currently that SDR driver has support for devices having following RF tuners: e4000, r820t, fc0012 and fc0013. So if Hans has a device having some of those tuners, it should work.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/