On 10.03.2014 17:36, Hans Verkuil wrote:
On 03/10/2014 04:29 PM, Antti Palosaari wrote:
Moikka Hans!

On 06.03.2014 01:21, Hans Verkuil wrote:
Antti,

Attached is a patch that fixed all but one v4l2-compliance error:

                  fail: v4l2-test-controls.cpp(295): returned control value out
of range
                  fail: v4l2-test-controls.cpp(357): invalid control 00a2090c
          test VIDIOC_G/S_CTRL: FAIL
                  fail: v4l2-test-controls.cpp(465): returned control value out
of range
                  fail: v4l2-test-controls.cpp(573): invalid control 00a2090c
          test VIDIOC_G/S/TRY_EXT_CTRLS: FAIL

That's the BANDWIDTH control and it returned value 3200000 when the minimum was
6000000.
I couldn't trace where that came from in the limited time I spent on it, I
expect you
can find it much quicker.

That is because I added native V4L2_CID_RF_TUNER_BANDWIDTH support only
for E4000 tuner driver. The others, FC0012, FC0013 and R820T are set via
DVB API by rtl2832_sdr driver, which is quite hackish solution. Devices
having E4000 works correctly.

Dunno if it wise to hack rtl2832_sdr and clamp values to valid per tuner
or leave it as it is. Adding V4L2_CID_RF_TUNER_BANDWIDTH to those 3
tuner drivers is also quite trivial...

I recommend whatever is the best long-term solution :-)

It's good practice to fix such compliance errors. One reason is that
v4l2-compliance
generally stops testing whatever ioctl it is testing once it finds a problem,
so there
may be other failures lurking behind this one that v4l2-compliance won't find.

The other reason is that, well, it's a bug! So it should be fixed anyway.

Yeah it is bug. But I decided to convert only e4000 and wait some feedback until add v4l2 controls to those other supported drivers... OK, lets see if I can convert at least those FC0012 and FC0013 drivers now. That sdr driver is still on staging ;)

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/