On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:50 AM, Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Is there any chance that the three issues I reported will be fixed? If not,
> then I'll work around it in the kernel code.

Most likely it is a sparse issue. Can you generate a minimal stand alone
test case that expose this bug? I try to simplify it as following, but
it does not
reproduce the error.

#define ARRAY_SIZE(x) (sizeof(x)/sizeof(x[0]))

static const char *v4l2_type_names[] = {
        [1]    = "mmap",
        [9] = "userptr",
        [2] = "overlay",
        [3] = "dmabuf",
};

#define prt_names(a, arr) (((unsigned)(a)) < ARRAY_SIZE(arr) ? arr[a]
: "unknown")

extern void prt(const char *name);

static void v4l_print_requestbuffers(const void *arg, int write_only)
{
        const struct v4l2_requestbuffers *p = arg;

        prt(prt_names(3, v4l2_type_names));
}

If you have the test case, you are welcome to submit a patch to
add the test case.

Chris