Am Montag, den 16.06.2014, 10:24 +0200 schrieb Hans Verkuil:
> On 06/13/2014 06:08 PM, Philipp Zabel wrote:
> > This disables forcing IDR frames at GOP size intervals on CODA7541 and
> > CODA960,
> > which is only needed to work around a firmware bug on CodaDx6.
> > Instead, the V4L2_BUF_FLAG_KEYFRAME v4l2 buffer flag is cleared before
> > marking
> > the source buffer done for dequeueing. Userspace can set it before queueing
> > frame to force an IDR frame, to implement VFU (Video Fast Update).
>
> I'd like to see an RFC for this feature. Rather than 'misuse' it, I think this
> should be standardized. I have nothing against using KEYFRAME in order to
> implement VFU (in fact, I like it!), but it should be documented and
> well-defined.

Thanks, I'll prepare a separate RFC for this.
The other possibility would be to use a V4L2_ENC_CMD for this feature.

One thing I'm not sure about is how to signal to userspace that this
feature is available when using the KEYFRAME clearing. With encoder
commands, TRY_COMMAND could be used. But when using the buffer KEYFRAME
bits, I suppose a flag would have to be introduced somewhere?

regards
Philipp