On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Simon Horman <ho...@verge.net.au> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 02:59:46PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> Hi Mikhail,
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Mikhail Ulyanov
>> <mikhail.ulya...@cogentembedded.com> wrote:
>> > +  - compatible: should containg one of the following:
>> > +                       - "renesas,jpu-r8a7790" for R-Car H2
>> > +                       - "renesas,jpu-r8a7791" for R-Car M2
>> > +                       - "renesas,jpu-gen2" for R-Car second generation
>>
>> Isn't "renesas,jpu-gen2" meant as a fallback?
>>
>> I.e. the DTS should have one of '7790 and '7791, AND the gen2 fallback,
>> so we can make the driver match against '7790 and '7791 is we find
>> out about an incompatibility.
>
> Is there a document that clearly states that there is such a thing
> as jpu-gen2 in hardware? If not I would prefer not to add a binding for it.

We do have a document that describes the "JPEG Processing Unit (JPU)",
as found in the following members of the "Second Generation R-Car Series
Products": "R-Car H2", "R-Car M2-W", "R-Car M2-N", and "R-Car V2H".

As for other SoCs, M1, H1, and A1 also seem to contain a JPU, but just
like Mikhail, I don't have enough information to say anything about those.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- ge...@linux-m68k.org