Hi:

I have a wintv-hvr-1955 (sold as a wintv-hvr-1950) from Hauppauge.

I referenced a thread in this list in June 2014

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/78952/match=wintv+hvr+1955

as well as this wiki page

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1950

Both of the above suggest that a Linux driver for this device is
available from Hauppauge after signing an NDA. So I contacted them on
Nov 19 and they responded with the following message:

---
A driver has been recently submitted to Linux TV and is awaiting
approval. This process can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months.
---

I am wondering if this is true and if I can get a status of this or an
ETA. Is there anything available that I can try? Will support for this
device be included in the pvrusb2 driver (like the 1950) or in something
else?

Thanks for any information or suggestions.

Steve