On 12/06/2014 05:29 PM, Antti Palosaari wrote:
But that is not needed anymore ?

regards
Antti

Chances are that more devices with the mn8847x chips appear. Someone somewhere might try to use this demod with the old dvb attach model during development. Adding this memset will make the unload issue appear all the time instead of randomly. But this patch doesn't really matter so feel free to NACK it. I just wanted to post it for completeness.

I do think it is good practice to set pointers to null generally as that would have saved me several days of work of whentracking down this bug. The current dvb framework contain several other cases where pointers are feed'd but not nulled.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson