Em Fri, 05 Dec 2014 15:53:11 +0100
Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovet...@gmx.de> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro,
>
> On Fri, 5 Dec 2014, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>
> > Em Fri, 05 Dec 2014 08:07:07 +0100
> > Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovet...@gmx.de> escreveu:
> >
> > > Hi Mauro,

> > > Sure, documentation is in the same patch
> > >
> > > http://git.linuxtv.org/cgit.cgi/gliakhovetski/v4l-dvb.git/commit/?h=for-3.19-1&id=aa1f7651acbe222948f43e239eda15362c9e274c
> > >
> > > Is it because you cannot push it via your tree or what's happened, why
> > > this warning?
> >
> > I see. It seems that you've added the documentation changes after the
> > patch using it. As I run checkpatch patch by patch, at the same order
> > as they're found at the tree, checkpatch complained.
>
> It's not after, it is added in that very same patch.

Yeah, right. It seems to be a checkpatch bug. You should be reporting it
to checkpatch maintainers.

> And I do remember a
> discussion, where I was told, that it's up to specific maintainers,
> whether to accept patches, adding DT properties and documentation together
> or only separately. Now once again checkpatch has singlehandedly decided
> this for us... It's really becoming kernel's blind police.

It is not a kernel's blind police, but a bug at the tool. As I told
you, if you replied earlier, I would be able to send this together
with the pull request.

Anyway, I'm planning to send a late pull request moving some really old
drivers to staging. If I end by doing that, I'll add your patches at
the late pull request.

I reviewed the series already, and it looks good.

> > Unofortunately, you answered too late. I closed the final set of patches
> > to 3.19 yesterday. I won't be able to handle it today, and I'll be traveling
> > all weekend, without access to my build server.
>
> IC, it's a pity, yes.
>
> Thanks
> Guennadi

Regards,