On 12/13/2014 01:09 PM, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
On 12/13/2014 05:02 AM, Antti Palosaari wrote:
I am not sure even idea of that. You didn't add even commit
description, like all the other patches too :( You should really start
adding commit messages explaining why and how commit is.

So the question is why that patch should be applied?

Lots of legacy applications doesn't set the frontend number and use 0 by
default. For me to use w_scan I need this change. If that is reason good
enough I can amend that to the commit message and resend?

On the other-hand, how there is
if (fe->id == 1 && onoff) {
... as I don't remember any patch changing it to 0. I look my tree FE
ID is 0. Do you have some unpublished hacks?

No hacks, it works for me that way.

Do you understand that code at all?

Now it is:
FE0 == (fe->id == 0) == RTL2832
FE1 == (fe->id == 1) == MN88472

you changed it to:
FE0 == (fe->id == 0) == MN88472
FE1 == (fe->id == 1) == RTL2832

Then there is:

/* bypass slave demod TS through master demod */
if (fe->id == 1 && onoff) {
        ret = rtl2832_enable_external_ts_if(adap->fe[1]);
        if (ret)
                goto err;
}

After your change that code branch is taken when RTL2832 demod is activated / used. Shouldn't TS bypass enabled just opposite, when MN88472 is used....

Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/