Ah, thank you Olli -- much appreciated!

If dvbv5-scan expects the initial scan files in the new DVBV5 format, does that mean that these still somewhat mysterious "initial scan files" have to be supplied, as in the link to the dtv-scan-tables? How are these "initial scan files" themselves generated?

Surely there must be thousands of different dvb signal locations -- is linux-tv going to try to maintain these thousands of scan tables for download? What do users do when their particular location is not represented in the dtv-scan-tables.git?

Finally, I'm using gnutv to record television; I imagine it still only accepts the old format? What's the new alternative?

Cheers,
David