On 01/13/2015 02:04 PM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
Hi Lars,

On 01/13/15 13:01, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
The adv7180 is part of a larger family of chips which all implement
different features from a feature superset. This patch series step by step
extends the current adv7180 with features from the superset that are
currently not supported and gradually adding support for more variations of
the chip.

The first half of this series contains fixes and cleanups while the second
half adds new features and support for new chips.

For patches 1-7, 9-13 and 16:

Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hans.verk...@cisco.com>

I need a bit more time to review patches 8 and 15. Ping me if you haven't
heard from me by Friday.

Thanks.

BTW: is the adv7183 part of the same family? There is a separate i2c driver
for it in the kernel, so I was wondering if that could be merged into this
driver eventually.

Yea, I had a look at that, and it appears to be related, but it seems to be some early derivative and things weren't fully standardized at that point, so while similar there were a few notable differences. And I think the adv7183 isn't even produced anymore. So I didn't try to integrate it yet, but it might happen at some point.

Did you check with authors of drivers that use the adv7180 to ensure nothing
broke? They should be pinged about this at least.

I tried to make sure that the register write sequence is still the same for adv7180 as it was before. The only thing new for the adv7180 is support for the new controls.

I'll include a few more people on Cc for v2.

- Lars