On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> On Sun, 2015-01-18 at 22:23 +0100, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Dec 2014, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> >
> > > From: William Towle <william.to...@codethink.co.uk>
> > >
> > > Move the buffer state test in the .buf_cleanup handler into
> > > .stop_streaming so that a) the vb2_queue API is not subverted, and
> > > b) tracking of active-state buffers via priv->queue_buf[] is handled
> > > as early as is possible
> >
> > Huh... Sorry, patches 1, 2, 3, and 5 of this series look like a strange
> > way to get from the present state to the destination. They all have to be
> > merged IMHO.
> [...]
>
> Well, I thought that too.  Will's submission from last week has that
> change:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/87009

Hm... interesting, why I didn't get those mails in my INBOX, although I do
see myself in CC... Only got them from the list, and no, I don't have
"avoid copies" enabled.

Anyway, yes, that looks better! But I would still consider keeping buffers
on the list in .buf_clean(), in which case you can remove it. And walk the
list instead of the VB2 internal buffer array, as others have pointed out.

Thanks
Guennadi