On 2015-02-24 14:44, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Em Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:15:53 +0100
David Härdeman <da...@hardeman.nu> escreveu:
The output that you gave (the actual scancodes that are generated) is
what I was looking for, not the keymap. If I remember correctly my patch
wasn't supposed to change the generated scancodes (or the keymap would
have to be changed as well).

The question is whether the right thing to do is to change back the
scancode calculation or to update the keymap. I'll try to have a closer
look as soon as possible (which might take a few days more, sorry).

I suspect we should change back the scancode calculation, as I think that the scancode table is right, but I need to do some tests with some other
driver to be certain.

I have a few devices here that I can use for testing, including a PCTV
remote, just lacking the time.

I've exchanged a few more emails with David. I think I know what the problem is now. It's not the NEC scancode generation, it's that my patch accidentally broke the RC5 case (his remote is an RC5 one). I'll post a patch later.