On 03/16/2015 10:44 PM, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
On 03/15/2015 11:57 PM, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
Some devices have 2 demodulators, when this is the case
make the slave demod be listed first. Enumerating the slave
first will help legacy applications to use the hardware.

Ignore this patch for now. Stuff gets broken if applied.

I will not apply it even you fix it. I don't like idea adding such hack to kernel in order to workaround buggy applications. There is many older devices having similar situation, having 2 demods - one for DVB-T and one for DVB-C. So there has been surely enough time for app developers to add support for multiple frontends... laziness.

Quite same happened for DVB-T2 support. I added initially hack for CXD2820R driver in order to support DVB-T2 even applications are not supporting it. That was implemented using trick driver did DVB-T2 tune when DVB-T tune fails. After many years I did another DVB-T2 driver Si2168 and didn't add such hack anymore. And what was result; almost all applications were still lacking proper DVB-T2 support, after many many years...

So I will never ever add any hacks to driver to workaround application support as application developers are so lazy to add support or new things if there is some workaround available.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/