Hi

On 2015-04-02, David Härdeman wrote:
> This patch changes rc-core to use the kernel facilities that are already
> available for handling unique numbers instead of rolling its own bitmap
> stuff.
>
> Stefan, this should apply cleanly to the media git tree...could you test it?
> ---
>  drivers/media/rc/rc-ir-raw.c |    2 +-
>  drivers/media/rc/rc-main.c   |   40 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
>  include/media/rc-core.h      |    4 ++--

Just some preliminary feedback after two weeks of testing.

So far the problem with multiple rc_core devices fighting over the same
sysfs file hasn't occured again, but it's a bit too early to be
completely sure about it (probably 4-5 more weeks before I can be
(relatively) confident that the problem is really gone).

With this patch applied, everything continues to work fine for me; I
haven't noticed any problems.

Thanks a lot
        Stefan Lippers-Hollmann