Hi Everyone,

I'm working on the DT bindings for the OMAP4 ISS at the moment, but I
am unable to capture any data in my test setup. As detailed below, it
seems that everything has been configured correctly however I never
get any interrupts from the ISS unless I do something drastic like
removing one of the wires from the clock differential pair which
results in constant complex IO error interrupts from CSIA until I
restore the physical connection.

My test setup includes a OV6540 sensor camera module (MIPI) from
Lepoard Imaging, an Duovero COM from Gumstix and breakout boards
forming an interconnect between the two. The sensor is connected to
CSI21 on the OMAP4 using a clock lane (on position 1, default
polarity) and a single data lane (on position 2, default polarity),
the sensor input clock XVCLK uses the OMAP4 auxclk1_ck channel (rounds
to 19.2MHz when asked for 24MHz).

The relevant parts of my device tree can be seen here:
https://gist.github.com/allsey87/fdf1feb6eb6a94158638 - I'm actually
somewhat unclear what effect stating the ti,hwmod="iss" parameter has.
Does anything else need to be done here? As far as I can tell I think
all clocks and power has been switched on. I do make two function
calls to the PM API in the ISS probe function, i.e.:

pm_runtime_enable(&pdev->dev);
r = pm_runtime_get_sync(&pdev->dev);

Regarding my debugging, this is what I have checked so far

* Changing the pixel rate of the sensor - this lead me to discover a
possible bug in iss.c or perhaps my ov5640 driver, as the
V4L2_CID_PIXEL_RATE control was always returning zero. I patched this
by copying what Laurent has done in the OMAP3ISP driver which now
works.
* As I only have a 100MHz scope, I had to slow down the camera
significantly (MIPI clock => 10-12MHz range) to verify that I was
getting reasonable output from the sensor (i.e. signals that were
characteristic of CSI2/MIPI). I checked the calculations and made sure
these updated values came across via the V4L2_CID_PIXEL_RATE control
and ended up in the THS_TERM and THS_SETTLE fields of register 0.
* Using the omapconf tool, I have manually and one by one pulled up
the CSI2 pins and verified multiple times all connections to the
sensor module and have even manually tried swapping the DP/DN pairs in
case they were still somehow backwards despite previous testing
* Verified that the interrupt service routine is called by generating
a test interrupt HS_VS from inside the ISS i.e.

./omapconf write ISS_HL_IRQENABLE_SET_5 0x00020000
./omapconf write ISS_HL_IRQSTATUS_RAW_5 0x00020000

* Verified that the default CMA region is being used, it ends up in
the ping-pong resisters of the ISS.

Additional information:

* Initialisation of pipe line and stream commands:

media-ctl -r -l '"OMAP4 ISS CSI2a":1 -> "OMAP4 ISS CSI2a output":0 [1]'
media-ctl -V '"ov5640 2-003c":0 [UYVY 640x480]','"OMAP4 ISS CSI2a":0
[UYVY 640x480]'
yavta /dev/video0 -c4 -n1 -s640x480 -fUYVY -Fov5640-640x480-#.uyvy

* Output from OMAPCONF tool is in the second part of:
https://gist.github.com/allsey87/fdf1feb6eb6a94158638

Anyway, at this point, I'm almost completely out of ideas on how to
move forwards so any suggestions, criticisms or help of any nature
would be appreciated!

All the best,

--
Michael Allwright

PhD Student
Paderborn Institute for Advanced Studies in Computer Science and Engineering

University of Paderborn
Office-number 02-47
Zukunftsmeile 1
33102 Paderborn