Hello,

I've recently got hold of a Logitech C930e webcam.
AFAIK that's the only consumer webcam that support UVC 1.5 and H.264/SVC.
Unfortunately, compared to its predecessor the C920, it is not very
well supported on Linux.

For example, the H.264 capability doesn't appear in the list of formats:

> v4l2-ctl -D --list-formats
Driver Info (not using libv4l2):
Driver name   : uvcvideo
Card type     : Logitech Webcam C930e
Bus info      : usb-0000:00:1a.7-1.4
Driver version: 3.13.11
Capabilities  : 0x84000001
Video Capture
Streaming
Device Capabilities
Device Caps   : 0x04000001
Video Capture
Streaming
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT
Index       : 0
Type        : Video Capture
Pixel Format: 'YUYV'
Name        : YUV 4:2:2 (YUYV)

Index       : 1
Type        : Video Capture
Pixel Format: 'MJPG' (compressed)
Name        : MJPEG

Back in August 2013, there was a discussion on adding support for UVC
1.5, among other things:
https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg66203.html

If I'm not mistaken, this set of patches provided above haven't been
integrated into the kernel.
Is there a lot of work to do to "backport" the code into the current kernel?
2 years after the original was written, has there been changes in the
API that requires to "revisit" the patches?

Cheers,

--
Damiano Albani