>> We can agree or disagree about whether a part should be tri-stated in
>> init/sleep() and under what circumstances, but why bother when someone
>> has gone to the trouble of declaring a perfectly good tr-state
>> interface in dvb-core, taht automatically asserts and de-asserts any
>> dvb_frontend device from the bus, optionally.
>

> Because I simply don't want to any new demod users for that callback unless
> needed for some strange reason.

I see, I understand your concern, perhaps you should have raised this
in your first response. Are you the maintainer for dvb-core now?

So two options come to mind:

1. The si2168_init() brings the part onto the bus, and _sleep() takes
the device off the bus, regardless? Any by default, the device is not
on the bus after attach takes place.

2. The bridge specifically calls ts_bus_control() on the si2168 fe
ops, as and when the bridge requires it? This feels like a reasonable
middle-ground approach.

Your thoughts?

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs