Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> writes:

> Sorry, I meant V4L2_FIELD_INTERLACED support. Very few applications support
> FIELD_TOP/BOTTOM, let alone SEQ_BT.

Well, that's doable, though not in SG mode. It still doesn't require
memcpy() of uncompressed video.

> I don't get it. Getting your driver in staging is much better for you since
> your code is in there and can be compiled for those who want to. I'm not
> going to add your driver and then replace it with Ezequiel's version.

Then simply add my driver and don't replace it.
Face it: Ezequiel's driver adds the audio support, and I guess he can
add this audio code without breaking the existing driver.
I also have (old) audio code for this driver, but it has only been
tested without an actual audio input, so it's not ready for deployment.
I simply don't use audio at the moment.

Otherwise, "his driver" is a regression - it removes critical
functionality, in exchange giving only the V4L2_FIELD_INTERLACED, which
can be easily implemented without breaking the rest.

> Heck, if you prefer your driver can be added to staging first, then Ezequiel's
> driver commit can directly refer to the staging driver as being
> derived from it.

Well, I will have to think about it. Though I wonder - if you do that,
perhaps my next request should be to swap them.
--
Krzysztof Halasa

Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP
Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warsaw, Poland