On 05/14/2016 01:59 PM, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> Le vendredi 13 mai 2016 à 11:45 +0300, Stanimir Varbanov a écrit :
>> yes, of course :)
>>
>> Just FYI, I applied the WIP patches on my side and I'm very happy to
>> report that they just works. So If you need some testing on qcom
>> video
>> accelerator just ping me.
>>
>> One thing which bothers me is how the extra-controls property
>> working,
>> i.e. I failed to change the h264 profile for example with below
>> construct:
>>
>> extra-controls="controls,h264_profile=4;"
>
> While I got you. I would be very interested to know who QCOM driver
> interpreted the width and height expose on capture side of the decoder.
> I'm adding Philippe Zabel in CC here (he's maintaining the
> CODA/Freescale decoder). In Samsung MFC driver, the width and height
> expose by the driver is the display size. Though, recently, Philippe is
> reporting that his driver is exposing the coded size. Fixing one in
> GStreamer will break the other, so I was wondering what other drivers
> are doing.

In qcom driver s_fmt on capture queue will return bigger or the same as
coded resolution depending on the width/height. This is related to hw
alignment restrictions i.e 1280x720 on output queue will become 1280x736
on capture queue. The the userspace can/must call g_crop to receive the
active resolution for displaying.

--
regards,
Stan