Jack, All,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:44:44AM +0100, Jack Mitchell wrote:
> <snip>
> > I've tried that patch have a some comments:
> > - When applied, no capture shows up any more, instead I have two m2m
> >   v4l2 devices [1].
> > - OV5640 Mipi is assigned the same address as OV5642, therefore both
>
> Yes, I only have one device attached in my scenario.

Thanks for confirming.

> >   can't work at the same time right now. There's a register in the
> >   camera that allows to modify its I2C address, see this patch [2].
> > - How is the mclk working in this patch? It should be using the PWM3
>
> As mentioned I have an eCon sensor board [1] which generates it's own clock
> on the board and as such I don't need the PWM signal, just the two GPIOs.

Oh ok, thanks I didn't this sensor board was different than ours [1].

But in your patch, you specifically disable pwm3, what's the reason for
it?

> >   output to generate a ~22MHz clock. I would expect the use of a
> >   pwm-clock node [3].
> >
> > Also another remark on both OV5642 and OV5640 patches, is it recommended
> > to use 0x80000000 pin muxing value? This leaves it to the bootloader to
>
> I also wondered about this, but didn't know if the pinmux driver did this
> based on the define name? I tried it both ways and it worked so I just left
> it as it was.

Actually my phrasing is wrong, the muxing is ok. Yes depending on the
name a pin will be muxed to one function or another. The problem is the
pad configuration (pull-up, pull-down etc..). I am not surprised that it
works, because the bootloader should properly set those. But it would be
safer IMO not to rely on it.

Regards,
Gary

[1] https://boundarydevices.com/product/nit6x_5mp_mipi/