Hi Pavel,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 07:12:14PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > First, I re-did pipeline setup in python, it seems slightly less hacky
> > then in shell.
> >
> > I tried to modify fcam-dev to work with the new interface, but was not
> > successful so far. I can post patches if someone is interested
> > (mplayer works for me, but that's not too suitable for taking photos).
> >
> > I tried to get gstreamer to work, with something like:
>
> While trying to debug gstreamer, I ran v4l2-compliance, and it seems
> to suggest that QUERYCAP is required... but it is not present on
> /dev/video2 or video6.

It's not saying that it wouldn't be present, but the content appears wrong.
It should have the real bus information there rather than just "media".

See e.g. drivers/media/platform/vsp1/vsp1_drv.c . I suppose that should be
right.

Feel free to submit a patch. :-)

> Any ideas? (Kernel is based on Ivaylo 's github tree, IIRC).
>
> Thanks,
>                                                                       Pavel
>
> pavel@n900:/my/v4l-utils/utils$ ./v4l2-compliance/v4l2-compliance -d
> /dev/video6
> Driver Info:
>       Driver name   : ispvideo
>       Card type     : OMAP3 ISP resizer output
>       Bus info      : media
>       Driver version: 4.6.0
>       Capabilities  : 0x84200003
>               Video Capture
>               Video Output
>               Streaming
>               Extended Pix Format
>               Device Capabilities
>       Device Caps   : 0x04200001
>               Video Capture
>               Streaming
>               Extended Pix Format
>
> Compliance test for device /dev/video6 (not using libv4l2):
>
> Required ioctls:
>               fail: v4l2-compliance.cpp(537): missing bus_info prefix
> ('media')
>       test VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: FAIL
>
> Allow for multiple opens:
>       test second video open: OK
>               fail: v4l2-compliance.cpp(537): missing bus_info prefix
> ('media')
>       test VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: FAIL
>       test VIDIOC_G/S_PRIORITY: OK
>
> pavel@n900:/my/v4l-utils/utils$ sudo ./v4l2-compliance/v4l2-compliance -d
> /dev/video2
> Driver Info:
>       Driver name   : ispvideo
>       Card type     : OMAP3 ISP CCDC output
> Compliance test for device /dev/video2 (not using libv4l2):
>
> Required ioctls:
>               fail: v4l2-compliance.cpp(537): missing bus_info prefix
> ('media')
>       test VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: FAIL

Sakari Ailus
e-mail: sakari.ai...@iki.fi     XMPP: sai...@retiisi.org.uk