On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 10:23:00AM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Tue, 12 Jul 2016 14:14:06 +0100
> Sean Young <s...@mess.org> escreveu:
> > On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 09:41:57AM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
-snip-
> > > -#define LIRC_SET_REC_DUTY_CYCLE        _IOW('i', 0x00000016, __u32)
> >
> > Also remove LIRC_CAN_SET_REC_DUTY_CYCLE and
> > LIRC_CAN_SET_REC_DUTY_CYCLE_RANGE.
>
> Removing the "LIRC_CAN" macros can break userspace, as some app could
> be using it to print the LIRC features. That's why I opted to keep
> them, but to document that those features are unused - this is at
> the next patch (04/20).

How is that different from removing the ioctls? Might as well go the whole
hog.

Also note that LIRC_CAN_SET_REC_DUTY_CYCLE has the same value as
LIRC_CAN_MEASURE_CARRIER, so if some userspace program uses this it might
end up in the mistaken belief its supports LIRC_CAN_SET_REC_DUTY_CYCLE.

Sean