I have dutifully followed all the advice in the documentation - and
everything works!

I first installed the freedos.bin and and dosemu-1.0.2.bin and they
work.  My preliminary attempts to use dosemu on some DOS programs worked
after a bit of help from contributors to this list.

Then I downloaded the dosemu-1.0.2 source files, discovered (ultimately)
and ran the "setup-dosemu" script and it worked.

My remaining question is, are there benefits from overwriting the
installed (already-working) dosemu-1.0.2 by the compiled version?  And
if so, do I need to do anything other than run "make install" as root?
Having tied myself in knots once already before discovering the
"setup-dosemu" script, I am not eager to re-invent the wheel a second
time.

Felix Karpfen
--
Felix Karpfen